Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Ladybug's Big Announcement

So, I haven't written much lately. Partly because it's summer, and I've been a little busy.

Mostly because I've had something overwhelming my mind that I couldn't get far enough past to write about anything else. And yet, I wasn't ready to write about it yet.

I'll let Miss Olive explain ...

The shirt's a little big, making it a little hard to read, but it says, "This little sweetie is going to be a big sister!"

And there it is. I'm prego once again, and aside form the morning (all-day but who's keeping track) sickness, clumsiness and what I feel is premature baby-brain, things are going great. I'll be 12 weeks this weekend.

Things were rocky at first - I had to take some Progesterone pills to help make the babe's living environment more sustainable, but they seemed to do the trick and the wee one is growing as scheduled.

Miss Olive will be about 20 months when the new addition arrives in February.

Big questions we've had from friends and family so far:

1) How are you feeling? I was sick, then I was great, now I'm sick again. I pretty much feel like I can stomach potatoes, honey or dry roasted peanuts and warm pretzels ... occasionally others things make the list when I get a yearning, but they've been few and far between for the past week. The Hubby has been a saint so far. The other night, after being sick to my stomach for hours, I was finally STARVING - like, I could eat someone's arm if it appealed to me type of starving. But, nothing in our house seemed at all appealing. It all grossed me out beyond belief. The Hubby offered to go to the grocery and grab a container of open and heat mashed potatoes and some dry roasted peanuts. It was nearly 11:30 p.m. when he left the house. Did I mention he's being pretty amazing?

2) Are you going to find out what it is? Well, yes. We're hoping it's a baby. Nuf said.

3) Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? We are honestly indifferent. OK - so the Hubby probably wouldn't mind a boy, but he'd be just as happy with either. The logical side of me says we have a LOT of girl clothes, and it would be nice to get more use out of them, but that's not a good enough reason for me to have a deep desire for a girl. I think either or would be exciting. The Chinese birth calendar says it's going to be a girl. Take that for what you will.

4) What does Olivia think of it? She's clueless. She's a little bit little to grasp the concept of a person living in my belly yet. We've flown the idea out there a few times, but I think she thinks we're telling her crazy nonsense because she quickly ignores it and moves on to something - anything - more important. That said, about five weeks ago, she took a strong interest in playing with/mothering her baby dolls all of the sudden. She carries them like real babies, craddled in her arms. She feeds them bottles. She shushes people if the babies are sleeping. She plops them down on pillows and covers them with blankets so they can nap. It's adorable. Though she doesn't know it yet, I'm pretty positive the Ladybug will be thrilled by and amped up to help care for our new addition.

Yay for a new baby on the way, and yay for finally being about to share our great news with the world. Can't wait to share more and get some great mama feedback as the pregnancy goes on.

2 comments: